Stump Grinding Newcastle
After getting a tree removed, we highly recommend getting the stump removed. We are able to bring in another piece of machinery that will enable us to carry out stump grinding in Newcastle, removing an unsightly tripping hazard from your premises. Stump grinding can provide a myriad of benefits for your yard. Here’s 5 reasons why you might consider getting yours removed:
- Trip hazard – leaving a stump sitting just out of the ground can be a trip hazard particularly in grassed areas and therefore this can cause trip hazards. Kids may trip over whilst running or the elderly may lose their footing, fall and break a bone. Stump grinding reduces physiological risks.
- The look – stumps left to rot don’t contribute to your place looking neat and tidy. Hence, stump grinding can bolster the value to your property.
- A nuisance – when you use the whipper snipper or mow around a stump, the stump is not easy to manoeuvre around. Stump grinding allows grass to grow over the top leaving the place easy to mow.
- Attract insects – stumps left take a long time to rot completely. While the stump is decaying it can attract insects, beetles, termites and any other wood-boring pest. Eventually, these pests will look for other forms and more importantly, can spread to your home. Our services can also reduce pest activity.
- Stumps cause new tree growth – sometimes leaving the stump behind contributes to new sprouts, which can result in many small trees growing around the stump. Stump grinding removes the likelihood of any new growth.
Dial Before You Dig
We offer a free Dial Before You Dig plan before performing any Newcastle stump grinding in your front yard. As a result, for example, Telstra, Gas, Water or Electricity are showing underground we will offer you the following options:-
- The choice of not grinding your stump or
- We will recommend you have Underground Service Detecting done by an independent company. This is to ensure us not disturbing or damaging services whilst grinding but also the safety of our crew and equipment.
Stump Grinding Shavings
After the stump grinding we will rake the shavings back into the hole. The excess shavings is great mulch for your garden. If there is going to excess shavings, we will ask you if you would like to keep them or for a small fee we can remove it for you.
Branch Management also offers the services of root barrier installations and remedial earthworks for unwanted roots and tree stumps disturbing foundations and footings.
For more information about trees including Borers, Bark Splitting and more click here.
For more information regarding why all Arborist Tree Services are not the same click here.
It is a our friendly, professional approach to making your experience a pleasurable one. Safety is our priority.
Shelley, Owner Branch Management
We’ve had the privilege to work with some wonderful local businesses
From Port Stephens to Newcastle and the Hunter we have worked with local businesses such as LJ Hooker, Port Stephens Council, Defence Housing Australia, Transfield and many more.