Beautiful Hunter Valley Region
Cessnock City Council Tree Removal has specific guidelines for residential and rural property owners.
Approval for removal or pruning of trees and vegetation in urban zones is required under our Guidelines where the tree or vegetation:
- is located in urban zone within the Development Control Plan(PDF, 141MB)
- has a height of more than 3 metres
- has a crown spread more than 3 metres
- has a trunk that is located further than 3 metres from a lawful existing structure (DA Approved Structure)
- isn’t located in a 10/50 Vegetation Clearing.
- isn’t dead or dying or pose a threat to human life or property (conditions apply)
- is in a declared Ecological Endangered Community
- is not approved under the conditions of a development application
Special approval conditions apply to Native Vegetation under the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016.
As rules change, it is advisable to contact the Council yourselves and find out your rulings for your zoning. Contact council on 02 4993 4100. You may wish to check if you are in the RFS 10/50 zoning as well.
Branch Management can help you with your enquiry and point you in the right direction. We provide all aspects of Tree Removal and Tree Services in Cessnock, including:
- Tree Pruning
- Tree Removal
- Stump Grinding
- Block Clearing
- Slashing/Land Clearing
- Tree Reports
- Crown Lifting
- Storm Damage
- School Tree Works
For more information on our services, click here.
If you require a tree report by a Qualified Arborist Cessnock or you are after a FREE quote, please call Jess on 0419 289 223. We are happy to help you in any way possible.
Click on the link for more information regarding Cessnock City Council Tree Services Guidelines and application forms. Click here.
For rural zoning’s, please check the Cessnock City Council website.
For the Rural Fire Service 10/50 Zoning check your address here.
It is a our friendly, professional approach to making your experience a pleasurable one. Safety is our priority.
Shelley, Owner Branch Management
We’ve had the privilege to work with some wonderful local businesses
From Port Stephens to Newcastle and the Hunter we have worked with local businesses such as LJ Hooker, Port Stephens Council, Defence Housing Australia, Transfield and many more.