If you have been thinking of planting of trees in your yard, it is important you conceptualize the process before you start it. If you have been thinking of planting of trees in your yard, it is important you conceptualize the process before you start it.
After you are through with preparation, you can plant trees; however you need to know the process well because it is essential for the success and growth of your trees.You can use plants of high quality and do the proper caring of your trees such as watering the trees, doing fertilization and pruning but all these care methods may not be enough for your trees to thrive. You need to follow the proper recommended ways to ensure that your trees can be viable and healthy.
Most of the people with lots of trees in their yards make use of soil balls to start growing trees. Most people use these soil balls for transplanting of trees that have already developed so that they can be planted in their new place of nurturing.If you are a novice tree caretaker, we recommended you use soil balls. You will help to nurture the seedlings avoiding any difficulty that maybe faced while handling the trees. There is a right Also, homeowners can buy bare root and trees grown from containers from a nearby nursery.You should know that each type of tree has benefits, needs, limitations and they are as shown below:
Bare root trees are obtained with root bare but without the medium for retaining moisture in either a plastic container or paper. If you decide to purchase them, you should moisten the roots before you go ahead to plant the trees then spread them across the hole. The holes for these types of trees should be large to allow the roots to spread out in an even manner.
There are trees planted in containers and are essential because their root system is not disturbed. With these plants, you should ensure that you do not wait until trees have large roots which can encircle the pot on the inside. These trees are not easy to transplant because the roots are faced with difficulty trying to expand beyond the perimeter of establishment.Soil ball trees are transported with a ball of soil that is important for offering protection of the root system. Soil balls are not easy to handle because they are heavy hence if you want to use this method, you should hire professionals to help you in doing the exercise. If the trees are small, they are manageable by a homeowner.
Another mode of planting trees is known as boxed trees whereby trees are moved in boxes. Experts mainly use this method in areas where the soil is sandy. Palms can be planted using this method. Boxed plants are heavy, and experts should be hired to hire them.There are also tree spades that are large machines used by professionals for transplanting of trees.
The method is acceptable, but they need professional use because of handling them. After deciding the method to use, you should think of the kind of nursery stock that is suitable for you. These guidelines can help you in transplanting of your trees:
1. Site Preparation
Before getting down to business, you should prepare the site first and the tree. The root ball should be watered well and also put under a shade until it becomes ready for planting. If you feel you are not aware of what to do, you can look for Land Clearing professionals to do the work or you can search for an instruction manual.
2. Digging of hole
If you are the one digging the hole, you should ensure it is wide since the wider it is the better. If you dig a narrow hole, the root structure of your trees will not expand properly hence the tree will lack support.
These are simple steps you should follow to dig the right size of a hole.
• First measuring the diameter as well as the height of the root ball and root spread
• The hole should be deep enough to obtain the sufficient size so that the root can develop rapidly during the initial years of growth. The width of the hole should be larger than the diameter of the root ball. In a compacted soil, the hole should be more extensive.
• Be keen not to dig a too deep hole than usual because this can cause trees to fail. You should follow the dimension of the root ball and not dig the hole deeper than root ball depth. It should be determined by the location of the trunk flare of the first significant root.
• If the soil is compacted, you should break it and the slides to be used for planting should not be packed while the bottom of the space should be firm.
• If the roots are bare, the holes should be large to accommodate root spread
3. Tree Planting
Tree planting is the best part. After the arrangement and measurement of the hole, you can follow these steps to be successful:
• Use root ball to lift the tree into space for planting and put it at the center of the hole without touching the trunk. Remove the soil carefully from the top of the root ball to the first root. The top should be higher than the grade surrounding for compensation of settling.
• The roots should be evenly spread out in the hole for trees with bare roots
• If the trees are in containers, you should remove the container first before you plant. The container should be cut off. If you discover the tree is bounded by the pot go back to the nursery and take a plant that is of good quality.
• Strings, nylon, wire, plastic, and burlap should be cut away so that the entire root can be exposed. The soil should be left on the root ball.
• The hole should be filled with soil and use water so that it can settle around the root ball. Do not make a mistake to step on the soil.
4. Maintenance and Mulching
If you care for your trees with dedication, you will nurture them, and your canopy will be successful. After planting of your trees, you should ensure that you start caring for them by doing pruning, watering, and other practices to maintain your trees.
For more information about hiring the Tree Services team for the job – go to https://www.branchmanagement.com.au/contact/ or Phone: 02 4984 6996 or Mobile: 0419 289 223